We’re Growing, Join our Team and Grow with us!
When it comes to keeping our vehicles on the roads, nobody has the Know How like NAPA. For more than 85 years, the National Automotive Parts Association has been empowering the industry with quality parts and supplies. With more than 6,000 NAPA AUTO PARTS Stores nationwide we continue to grow!
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic and hard-working Store Dispatcher to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts professionals.
Dispatches and plans local deliveries to wholesale customers in a timely and efficient manner. Coordinates deliveries to all wholesale customers while providing leadership and direction to a team of delivery drivers. Serves as the link between assigned accounts, the store, and the drivers to ensure maximum service and high-performance standards.
Position Performance Measures:
- Customer satisfaction
- Deliveries completed
- Delivery Accuracy
The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position.
- Assigns drivers to make deliveries by taking into account product to be delivered, customer locations, and time of day.
- Tracks of the progress that drivers make along their routes.
- Balances and adjusts workloads, break times, and customer needs when assigning drivers.
- Monitors Department hours to maintain budget needs.
- Receives and resolves any requests or complaints made by the customers.
- Acts as driver when/if needed during peak delivery times.
- Monitors the pulling of parts for delivery and attaches appropriate hazardous sheets.
- Ensures customer returns are picked up at customer locations and that credit is processed in an expedient manner.
- Follows company safety rules and regulations including the use of appropriate safety equipment.
- Completes weekly vehicle safety checklists and ensures they are sent to HR at the end of each month.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-2 years prior experience in the retail automotive service industry, preferably in an automotive part department, dealership, and jobber or retail establishment.
- Enjoy working with people in a fast-paced setting; be competitive yet have the ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Possess a proactive attitude with superior communication and leadership skills.
- Be analytical, possess problem solving, organizational and customer service skills.
- Possess a high sense of urgency and be customer oriented.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and time sensitive issues.
- Be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper selection and delivery of parts, including accurately and rapidly identifying sequence of numbers and letters.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work shift.
Sanel NAPA is an equal opportunity employer, and we embrace diversity. EOE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class.
401(k) Matching, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Employee Discount, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Paid Training, Referral Program, Vision Insurance
May 18, 2023